The Concerto Competition is open to current members of the TMYO Symphony Orchestra in 9th to 12th grade. All orchestral instruments are eligible to audition, excluding piano.
Eligibility: Open to current members of the TMYO Symphony Orchestra that are in 9th to 12th grade. All orchestral instruments are eligible to audition, excluding piano.
Repertoire: Candidates are strongly encouraged to select concerti from the standard repertoire. Students may be asked to change their selection if scores are not available or require rental.
Eligibility: The Junior Concerto Competition is open to any current members of TMYO (all orchestras) that are in 8th grade or below. All orchestral instruments are eligible to audition, excluding piano.
Repertoire Candidates are strongly encouraged to select concerti from the standard repertoire, including short virtuosic pieces and standard student concerti within method books. Students may be asked to change their selection if scores are not available or require rental.
October 6: Online Application, $40.00 Fee, and Video Submission Due* by 12pm See Note Below
October 9: Finalists are announced and assigned to one masterclass. The masterclasses are open to all TMYO students and families to attend.
October 23: Finalist Masterclass
November 6: Finalist Masterclass
November 27: Final Round
The Concerto Competition Jury will convene. Finalists will perform their complete selection with piano accompaniment. The final round will be in front of a closed panel of adjudicators – not open to the public.
November 28: Winners Announced
May 11: Concerto Competition Winners Performance at the TMYO Spring Concert
*Video Recording Submitted after Concerto Application is filled out:
- No accompaniment necessary for the initial video recording, however if chosen as a finalist, they must be prepared to supply their own accompanist for masterclass performances and the live competition.
- Recordings must be submitted after filling out the concerto competition application. You will be redirected to a dropbox video submission link.
The Tampa Metropolitan Youth Orchestra is committed to ensuring accessibility for all young musicians, their families, and community audiences.
Rehearsal and performance facilities are accessible to persons with physical disabilities via ramps, automatic entrances, restroom facilities, parking spaces and water fountains.
Please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To request a special accommodation for a student.
- To request a large-print concert program (at least one week prior to the concert).
- For more information about accessibility.